Friday, February 19, 2010

Cafe Ish @ Surry Hill

I got unexpecting phone call from Tan at 4pm to check where to have dinner. There was no idea of any restuarant coming in my mind as I was extremely busy at work > <"
On the way back home, Cafe ish pop up in my mind as I have been reading reviews and commets of this cafe from many websites and bloggers. That was a good time to try.
We arrived around 6pm ( first table of course ), I ordered just water, Tan ordered Coke. But then waiter advised it was organic coke... Wooo Hooo Organic Coke - -"

I have a try, and couldnt find the differences but Tan has
( I'm not a big fan of Coke though )

Special Salad Silken Tofu with japanese dressing $7.00
It was really small serve, It would be a side dish instead.

Pork Rib with sweet sauce $19.00

Pork was tender and well cooked, but this dish was too sweet for me. I asked waiter whether there was Native pepper pork loin on roasted pumpkin with house made tomato relish ( as I have seen from bloggers ) But they took out of the menu. It was on last year T_T
Soft Shell Crab Omelette $22.00

It was a nice dish, soft shell crab and avocado salsa went well with the omelette. Also piquant relish on top was a good combination in a bite.

Soft shell crab was really :D

I was hearing a lot of good things about Cafe ish, and it is all about their coffee and their brunch. I went for dinner, it was not that impressive as I expected. There was not many choices to choose. Taste was average, not outstanding.

However, I will come back and try their coffee once again.


Cafe Ish
82 Campbell StreetSurry hills,
corner foster and campbell
Ph: +61 2 9281 1312

No comments:

Post a Comment