Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rengaya @ North Sydney


After my office moved to North Sydney, we first had lunch all together for a whole department. That was first time I know " Rengaya " where is 5 mins walk from my office.

This is my second time here as one of my workmate who left the company. I would like to treat a meal before she leaves, and not that hard to make a decision where I would like to take her out for lunch.

Definitely " Rengaya " as I have read a lot from blogger & reviews after first trial. They are owned by I's Holding and are managing six restaurants and have classified these restaurants into 3 classes

Rengaya -High class fine dining
Suminoya -Stylish, sophisticated modern feeling
Kohya -Comfortable, easy enjoyable feeling

You may know " Menya at China Town ", they are a part of I's group as well as classified - Modern Ramen restaurant, the best traditional Japanese Ramen noodles.

Special Business Lunch Box $29.95

Consist of Assorted Sashimi ( They are very fresh, generously slice piece), Sushi ( I didnt have them), Chicken Tempura, Cold Prawn Salad & side salad ( They are so good, tatse great )

Yakiniku Lunch Box $29.95

Yakiniku is a cooking style in which fresh, seasoned ingredients such as meat, seafood and vegetables are placed on a mesh and grilled over a direct flame.


What a Beef !!!
Absolutely delicious!, lovely colourful pictures of marbled beef. You won't find any better beef than this in Australia.

" Melt in Mouth "

If you are a beef lover, you wont miss it though.

There is only Oyster come with Yakiniku set, and I had it. OH MY GOD, It is my first time that I could feel, oyster is soo sweet.... Im in heaven ^_^

Salad is as a compliment, they are great and go well with meat really.

I've got to say, Rengayas lunch menu I find extremely good value for money. You get what you pay. The food is always fresh and delicious.

For dinner, I have a look the menu and it is a bit pricey. BUT as I said " You get what you Pay " then I believe that thier dinner menu / BBQ dishes are ~$30 ++ ( for a small portion ) only because Wagyu is expensive stuff. Their premium steaks would cost close to $200/kg

So really $30 is a fair price to pay. If you compare it to steakhouses, you get an Angus for $50, which is nowhere near as tender as Wagyu.

If I need to give a score for Rengaya, it will be 10/10


Rengaya
73 Miller St
North Sydney
Ph: (02) 9929 6169

No comments:

Post a Comment